#Bible Art: A Whole New Way of Spending time with GOD

Pinterest have always given me artistic ideas whenever my brain hits a wall. Yesterday tho, I found something I really wasn't looking for, I was actually browsing for arts and crafts ideas for our up coming DVBS, that's when I stumbled a fresh idea that just blew me over, in fact it still does. I discovered about Bible Art, and it brought me to a whole new way of quiet time. This is how I like the way God answers my prayers, he gives it to me when I least expect it and the surprise factor is just 'wow, amazing!'

I've always loves art; but I never knew how I can use it to glorify God. God gave me this artistic gift so it's only fair that I use that talent to praise Him. I've been praying for a week, asking God, 'now that I'm out of work and got less distraction, to use me in His ministry.' There's more to my life than just simply being here on earth. The Bible says everything has a purpose, so I have a purpose. I want to know that purpose, I've got to know! And then God showed me that Bible Art thing. Now I'm in a whole new way of spending time with God. Combining my talent and reading the Bible.

Before I start I listen to praise and worship songs; I sing along too specially if the lyrics is what I want to say to God. Just simply being still to feel the presence of the Lord. Then I think of me and Jesus Christ sitting on a bench side by side and I imagine us talking about things. Anything at all that comes into my mind, even if I know He already knows what's on my mind. That's how I pray to Him; I turn off the music and then I just talk, like hanging out with a friend talking about stuffs. And it feels so amazing talking to someone who listens intently and knows exactly what I'm going through. I don't know why I waited this long to do this way of praying, but one thing I know is that I'm never gonna stop. Because whenever I talk to God in prayer, I feel at peace, a peace that's beyond comprehension. And then great ideas from God comes into my mind. Ideas about the things that I tell God about. Like the DVBS thing; I was able to write up all the lessons, completed the arts and crafts ideas and games and they're all related to the lesson so that can be like an application of what's taught to the children.

Then after praying, I take out my Bible and think of my favorite verses. I pick out what inspires me the most and start working on my Bible Art. Around this time I listen to praise songs again. Again, I sing along while I'm working and it makes me feel God is watching. It's like I'm a child showing my father what I'm working on for him, because I want him to be proud of me and then I ponder on what the scripture says, thinking like how a father give words of advice. It's fun and time well spent.

Hopefully this blog entry will inspire others too to spend time with God. Just think about what you enjoy doing and share it to the Lord then quiet time will never be the same again.

Below are the arts I've done so far. The first one is copy I found on pinterest. That design stood out to me because I heard God spoke, like He's saying that verse to me personally in response to my prayers. The second one I made to remind myself that I must always consult the all knowing God because I can't decide on my own, I have to consult God because He knows better.

I'm going to introduce this kinds of art to my Sunday School students , I have one student in mind already because he loves art too so I know he will enjoy this like I do. To God be all the glory, Amen!



Comments

Popular Posts